You may not know this but Design Ranch has been creating Brand Spankin’ design for 13 years. They say the number 13 is bad luck, but we beg to differ. Saddle up as we look back on the top 13 things that have made Design Ranch a leader in the design field.
13. Our name in lights We have been lucky enough to see our work in the New York Times, in Oprah and Teen Vogue magazines, on the Today Show and on Good Morning America. We’re ready for our closeup, Mr De Mille.
12. On Target Or shall we say “IN Target”? We designed a line of Valentine’s Day, Halloween and travel-themed scrapbooking lines for K&Co sold exclusively in Target stores across the country.
11. You like us! You really like us! We’ve been gold winners at the Addys over 80 times! True story. Our basement runneth over with awards.
10. Oh the places we’ve been! We’ve traveled to oodles of countries while art directing photo shoots for clients like Buckle, Lee Jeans, Helzberg Diamonds, H&R Block, Peruvian Connection and Hallmark. Next stop, the moon!
9. A good cause Principal, Ingred Sidie, was nominated for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Woman of the Year. Thanks to our friends, (and one hoppin’ party) we raised over $7,000 for kids in need.
8. We’ll be the judge of that, thank you! Over the years, our principals have earned their keep as well-respected forces in the industry. Partner, Michelle Sonderegger, was recently flown to California to be a select judge for the Communication Arts Design Annual, THE top competition in our industry.
7. VIP Access Every other year Hallmark holds a grandiose creative symposium for their company leaders. This year, Ingred, Michelle, and Mickey Mouse were the only non-Hallmarkers invited to the event. (Ok… Mickey didn’t show, but his friend from Disney did!)
6. We look fine in print. You can find our work in design books aplenty, as well as in every major design publication on the market
5. A roof over our heads In 1995 we built a brand spankin’ new building with help from our friends at 360 Architecture. We love it. So did Mayor Kay Barnes, because she presented us with the Corner Stone Award for Economic Development
4. Happy clients This year, we made one of our clients cry. (Happy tears of course!) We are proud to work with a range of clients from Fortune 500s to the bread shop down the street.
3. Innovative design We love being judged on the quality of our work rather than the size or location of our agency.
2. A good crew Our friends include a great network of talent in the industry. To all the fine folks we’ve met over the years, thank you for making Design Ranch so ranchaliscious.
1. We love what we do. We wake up every morning, mosey into a beautiful building, spend time with talented people, and make compelling design for happy clients. Does it get any better than this?
Looking back on 13 years of good fortune, we can’t help but feel like the luckiest firm in the world! So… giddy up towards the future, warm wishes and good luck to you in 2011!